Important Agencies / Organizations

  • National Automobile Dealers Association

    • Represents all franchised new-car dealers — domestic and import — before Congress, federal agencies, the media and the general public;

    • Provides education and guidance on regulatory matters;

    • Represents dealers’ interests with automobile and truck manufacturers;

    • Develops research data on the retail automobile industry;

    • Offers extensive training programs to improve dealership business operations, sales and service practices; and

    • Operates a charitable foundation that distributes funds donated by dealers and friends to emergency/medical and educational organizations and private-sector colleges and universities.

    • Phone – (800) 557-6232

  • Oklahoma Automobile Dealers Association

    • Represents franchised new automobile dealers in the state of Oklahoma

    • Phone – (405) 521-1295

  • Tulsa Automobile Dealers Association

    • Represents franchised new automobile dealers in metropolitan Tulsa

  • Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Commission

    • This agency licenses and regulates the new motor dealers and their salespersons.

  • Oklahoma Used Motor Vehicle and Parts Commission
    This agency licenses and regulates Used Motor Vehicle Dealers and Salespersons.
    Questions or problems regarding used vehicle transactions are handled through their office.
    Phone (405) 521-3600

  • Oklahoma Tax Commission, Motor Vehicle Division
    This agency is the repository for all information relating to titles, tag, registration and liens.
    Phone (405) 521-3217
    They also license new and used trailer and boat dealers; and issue new and used metal dealer plates.
    Phone (405) 521-3669

  • Department Of Public Safety
    This agency handles driver licenses and testing, suspended driver licenses, driver records, State ID’s,
    and Handicap Parking Permits. It also oversees size and weight permits for large trucks; and licenses
    wrecker companies. Phone (405) 425-2424

  • Insurance Commission
    This agency regulates extended warranties offered on vehicles, and insurance sold, such as credit life,
    disability, and GAP insurance. Phone (405) 521-2828

  • Department Of Consumer Credit
    This agency regulates entities that extend credit to consumers. This includes dealers who do in
    house financing. This agency is available to provide information on credit disclosure requirements
    and all aspects of the consumer credit transaction, including repossessions
    Phone (405) 521-3653

  • Better Business Bureau of Central Oklahoma
    The BBB provides information on business entities.
    Phone OKC Office (405) 239-681 Tulsa Office (918) 492-1266
    The BBB Auto Line provides information on State Lemon Laws and provides procedures for
    filing Lemon Law complaints. Phone (800) 955-5100

  • National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
    NHTSA is the Federal agency which provides motor vehicle safety information, including crash tests,
    child passenger safety, recalls, and service bulletins. Phone (888) 327-4236